VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT & PENETRATION TESTING
Vulnerability analysis, also known as vulnerability assessment, is a process that defines, identifies, and classifies the security holes (vulnerabilities) in a computer, network, or communications infrastructure. In addition, vulnerability analysis can forecast the effectiveness of proposed countermeasures and evaluate their actual effectiveness after they are put into use.
Vulnerability analysis consists of several steps:
- Defining and classifying network or system resources
- Assigning relative levels of importance to the resources
- Identifying potential threats to each resource
- Developing a strategy to deal with the most serious potential problems first
- Defining and implementing ways to minimize the consequences if an attack occurs
Looking beyond known vulnerabilities, potential exploitation exercises are performed to identify how your network and application can be compromised from the eye of a malicious hacker.
Pen tests can be automated with software applications or they can be performed manually. Either way, the process includes gathering information about the target before the test (reconnaissance), identifying possible entry points, attempting to break in (either virtually or for real) and reporting back the findings.
The main objective of penetration testing is to determine security weaknesses. A pen test can also be used to test an organization’s security policy compliance, its employees’ security awareness and the organization’s ability to identify and respond to security incidents. Penetration tests are sometimes called white hat attacks because in a pen test, the good guys are attempting to break in.
Vulnerability and Penetration Testing: how does it work?
Since any network can be breached with time and skill, there will always be risk. It’s all about Risk Management and clients are keen to understand the risk to their organization. Our service helps to reduce risks:
- Identifies technical and architectural vulnerabilities that can be exploited by attackers
- Assesses ability to withstand common attacks
- Ensures coverage of systems and issues that automated tools are unable to identify
- Prioritizes vulnerabilities by criticality to assist in remediation planning
- Provides remediation suggestions drawn from extensive practical experience and industry best practices
- Evaluates the client detection and response capabilities and performance when security events occur
- Intrusive and non-intrusive options
Benefit from Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
Our primary objectives are to demonstrate, to the highest level of assurance possible, that a system is either susceptible or not susceptible to particular security weaknesses, to provide clear recommendations for vulnerability mitigation that is both straightforward to implement and tailored to the required functionality of the system under test and last but not least to help our clients ensure that their IT systems are not the weakest link in their security infrastructure.
Our team holds internationally recognized security qualifications and professional security certifications combined with many years of hands on practical experience designing, delivering and supporting businesses with their security needs.
Our Cyber Security consultants hold professional certifications in cyber security and risk management such as CEH which is recognized by NSA, CNSS,NICF to name a few.